Tuesday, June 25, 2019

RTS_21 "Smoothing Unit Movement"

As part of my own personal engine extension, I had recently developed a system I called LerpQueue that let you queue up different positions inside Unity and then smoothly move objects between them. I had been meaning to do this for a while because it's a useful feature to have premade, but the reason I finally got around to making it was for this update:



Of course, there are no animations yet, but I'm a lot happier with it now. Feels good to have the unit at the very least slide instead of teleporting like they were before.

That's it for this one, I know it was pretty short and that updates are taking a bit longer but I've really been focusing on work and working on my voxel engine.

Sincerely,
Blake Gillman

No comments:

Post a Comment